I recently tried out the Hello Fresh delivery service and, although their customer service left a lot to be desired, I got some cracking recipes out of it.
I don’t really like chicken. That’s a lie. I like it in a curry or from the chicken shop, but generally I don’t really eat it and when I do I’ll cook thighs.
I just find it a bit boring, dry. Give me prawns, pork or beef over chicken any day.
However this recipe I quite enjoyed as it meant not only that I ate chicken, but that I included other vegetables I wouldn’t normally eat. Like aubergine. Aubergine just reminds me of Roald Dahl’s BFG, where he called it snozcumber! It has that tendency to go brown if you don’t eat it straight away so this recipe is perfect as you use a whole one for 2 servings so not wastage.
Each serving comes in at 494 calories. My very basic instructions here:
1. Slice up an aubergine, bung on a baking tray, spray with a bit of Frylight (the 1 cal spray) and a tad salt then roast for 30mins.
2. After about 10mins chuck the chicken in the oven for the remaining 20mins.
3. Pour boiling water over the cous cous, I don’t measure the water, just enough to cover hen as the cous cous soaks up the water add a little more and Bob’s your uncle.
4. Chop up the tomatoes, leek and red onion – chuck in a pan with some garlic and cook down.
5. When the vegetables look cooked (yes, my instructions are extremely precise) add the passata, tomato puree and a touch of sugar (forgot to put this in my ingredients). Simmer for a few minutes.
6. Take the aubergine out the oven, add to the vegetables.
7. Take the chicken out of the oven, shred with a fork.
8. Serve- pile the veg on a plate, the chicken and feta on top. A little cous cous on the side, garnish with some basil and you’re all done.